Next Generation Group
The Livestock Auctioneers Association’s (LAA) Next Generation Group was established to represent young Auctioneers and Fieldsmen working in livestock markets in England and Wales.
The group aims to:
- Create a platform for Young Auctioneers to speak freely, voice views and concerns on industry matters around their peers; forming a direct link to the national LAA council
- Develop a social and professional network
- Exchange knowledge and continue professional development
- Engage the next generation of livestock farmers, connecting working practise and the value of the livestock market
- Be ambassadors for the industry, driving the future of livestock markets forward
The group meets 2/3 times each year, both online and in-person across England and Wales, and is for any young Auctioneer or Fieldsman, up to the age of 40.
The group is chaired by Russell Steer (Kivells), and Vice Chair, Greg Christopher (Hereford Market Auctioneers).
The group is re-launching in April 2021 by hosting their first virtual meeting, 'Engaging the Next Generation of Farmers,' to explore the potential of social media and technology to effectively engage the next generation of farmer, connecting working practise on the farm with the value of the live auction ring. The group will be joined by special guest speaker, dairy farmer, social media influencer & Director of Pastures Green Communications, Amy Eggleston.
If you would like to be a part of the group, or would like more information, please contact:
Zanna Dennis, LAA Development Officer
E: [email protected]
T: 07930 115838